Operation & Maintenance
TEPCO owns and operates its own in-house communication networks composed
of optical fiber channels (overall length approximately 63,000km, as of 2004),
metallic cable channels, microwave channels and satellite communication channels.
These networks provide signal transmission channels of protective relay systems,
power facility supervision/control systems and business communications, thereby
contributing to a stable, efficient supply of electric power in a wide area.
TEPCO can provide planning technology to construct communication networks
for protective relay systems and so on.
TEPCO participates in and launches communication business actively. So TEPCO
can provide planning technology to construct communication business networks,
considering individual situations.
Communication Networks Design
Planning technology for constructing signal transmission channels of power
system protective relay, power facility supervision/control systems and business
communications , utilizing optical fiber , microwave radio or satellite, etc.
1. Role of Communication Networks for Electric Power System
(1) Communication Networks for Electric Power System
- Variety of networks supporting electric power communications
(2) Purposes to construct Communication Networks for Electric Power System
2. Contents of studies about Communication Networks for Electric Power
- High reliable communication between Head Office, Branch Offices, Sales Office, power plant, substations, etc.
(1) Contents of studies
- Construction method in consideration of individual situations
- Construction cost
(2) Points of concern to study Communication Networks for Electric Power System
3. We can propose the adequate countermeasures by using our technology
- High reliability even in the event communication equipment itself fails
Planning technology for high reliable Communication Networks for Electric Power System
- Hearing the needs
- Extraction of the problems
- Present system analysis
- Proposal of solution
- Planning system configuration
- Cost estimation
- Determination of Communication Networks