A TEPCO Group Related Worker Tests Positive for COVID-19
July 22, 2020
Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings, Inc.
Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as, "TEPCO Holdings, Inc.") would like to inform you that one related worker of the TEPCO Group*1 has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus.
At the TEPCO Group, a COVID-19 Countermeasures Task Force headed by TEPCO's president has taken measures to prevent the spread of the virus, and we have continued to implement our Business Continuity Plan while also implementing countermeasures to prevent infection and the spread of the virus.
The COVID-19 infection of employees shall not impact the stable supply of power, the safe operation of power stations, nor decommissioning work.
1. Number of newly infected employees
One related worker of TEPCO Holdings, Inc. (Tokyo Metropolis branch office)
2. Number of new infections at the TEPCO Group (as of July 22, 2020, 3:00 pm)
|Company||TEPCO employee||Related worker*2|
|TEPCO Holdings, Inc.||0 (5)||1 (1)|
|TEPCO Fuel & Power, Inc.||0 (3)||0|
|TEPCO Power Grid, Inc.||0 (3)||0|
|TEPCO Energy Partner, Inc.||0 (3)||0|
|TEPCO Renewable Power, Inc.||0 (-)||0|
3. Countermeasures to prevent infections and spread of the virus
Information on countermeasures underway at each nuclear power station can be found at the following link. (Japanese only)
- ※1 The TEPCO Group is comprised of five companies: TEPCO Holdings, Inc., TEPCO Fuel & Power, Inc., TEPCO Power Grid, Inc., TEPCO Energy Partner, Inc., and TEPCO Renewable Power, Inc.
- ※2 The employees of related companies who work at the TEPCO Group offices/power stations